Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Ballet

This week we went to Lincoln Center to see the New York City Ballet perform A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was a beautiful performance. I don't know a lot about ballet, all I know is I could NEVER get my body to do what they do. They are incredible! I think thy thought so too, because although we were finished applauding they kept coming out for encores. It cracked me up. I couldn't stop laughing at them coming out and bowing long after the applause was over. Seriously!








(photos courtesy of the websites I borrowed them from)


Jenny, Kelli and Rachel



Fun sculpture inside

That's me... not a sculpture.




Photo of Ballerina's. They had a bunch of pictures like this posted all around the theater.









A view from the top looking down at the cool steps. Our [cheap] seats were in the "fourth ring" aka: the very top.











Flat Stanley also made it to our performance. This was a project for Kelli's nephew, but I think it's a good shot of the stage.











BFF's (we are on the same steps as the photo from above, above)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! We went to a dance recital today but it was a bunch of kids who don't know what they are doing so it wasn't as good I am sure. It was a "flashback to the 80's" recital and yet they had a Jamaraqui song and a Hannah Montana one too. So one of the highlights was a bunch a little girls with red balloons attached to them doing "99 balloons" and then "China Girl" by David Bowie (which is a creepy song, let alone when you watch a bunch of young girls in skimpy China Girl costumes) and then there was a Michael Jackson medly (it was good)

Anonymous said...

I think my new favorite thing is Flat Stanley. Will this be mass produce and available in Arizona soon?

~ Kat