Monday, September 01, 2008

The US Open

A couple of my friends had an extra ticket to the US Open, so I got to go with them.
I've never been before, and it was very exciting!


There are all these different matches going on, booths and exhibits, etc...


We caught the end of a women's doubles match, then we went to another stadium and watched an amazing game between this guy from Spain (ranked 4th) and this Japanese kid (ranked 126th). Nishikori, from Japan was the major underdog and ended up beating the highly ranked Spanish guy! It was a really great game!
Then we went to Arthur Ashe stadium where we had tickets to the Men's singles, where we watched Mardy Fish and James Blake.




Ferrer and Nishikori

Ferrer




Nishikori



Our seats in Arthur Ashe Stadium

James Blake, taken on the big screen (my camera is not that good!)

That's John McEnroe!



James Blake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I love tennis! How fun!

~ Kat