Sunday, November 19, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Last night Rachel and I went to a Thanksgiving Potluck party. I brought funeral potatoes and Rachel brought Pistacio Couscous. It wasn't too far away, but walking down the street on a Saturday night with a large, hot casserole dish, wasn't exactly"fun".
Almost everyone attending the party was a musician or a theatre person, so needless to say there was a lot of entertainment. We had a great time! I am really excited for Thanksgiving though. My parents are coming up to visit me and I can't wait to see them.
By the way, it is starting to cool down here! Its strange because last week it was really warm... unseasonably warm. But today is starting to feel more like November. I am not taking any chances though. Last week I bought a nice long, warm coat for the winter coat. (Actually my parents bought it!)

3 comments:

Kara said...

cute coat!

Poker Princess said...

Very cute! By the way...what are funeral potatoes!?!?

Shilo said...

Funeral Potatoes are a standard Mormon Casserole dish. They are like cheesy, creamy potates. Very delicious! I didn't start making them until about a year ago...